Competition in business is fierce. To get and stay ahead, you need to be creative, productive, and focused. Often, it feels like there aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish all that you need to, and stress can slow you down and make you inefficient. Brain hacking could help you overcome the mental obstacles to success to give you an edge over your competition.
What Is Brain Hacking?
Brain hacking is the term for changing or enhancing the way the mind works. The concept originated in Silicon Valley, with tech execs striving to tap into how the human brain works to make their products more appealing. When you find yourself unable to stop checking your likes on Instagram or scrolling your Facebook or Twitter feed, you're experiencing some of the effects of brain hacking. Social media companies have figured out how to train your brain to keep you glued to your screen.
How Does Brain Hacking Give You an Advantage in Business?
Increasingly, people are turning to brain hacking to enhance their lives. The idea is that by altering the way your mind works, you can give yourself an advantage. In business, this could mean making yourself alert to get more done or increasing your focus, so distractions do not tempt you.
What Are Nootropics?
Nootropics are a type of dietary supplement to benefit the brain in many ways. The term combines the Greek words for mind and bend toward and was first used by Romanian psychologist Dr. Cornelius E. Giurgea, who wrote about these supplements in 1972.
What Do Brain Boosting Supplements Do?
People have been using herbs to enhance cognitive function for centuries, but scientists are only now studying why these time-honored remedies deliver benefits. Each supplement has its benefits, but generally, brain-boosting supplements may help by:
- Enhancing activity in the brain
- Boosting the flow of oxygen-rich blood to the brain
- Supplying raw materials to support brain function
- Protecting cells from damage due to aging, pollution, and other factors
Why Brain Hacking Nootropic Supplements?
Research into the benefits of nootropic supplements is ongoing. While no product has been proven to benefit everyone who uses it, studies have yielded promising results. Some potential benefits of nootropics include:
- Helping to reduce mental fatigue
- Supporting a better mood balance
- Assisting creativity and critical thinking
- Heightening awareness and focus
- Limiting the mental and physical effects of stress
What Supplements Can You Use To Hack Your Brain?
There are supplement brands, such as Xeed Labs, that formulate their products using a variety of clinically-studied nootropics combined with other natural herbs. These type of formulas work synergistically to produce mental clarity and other brain-enhancement benefits.
Some common brain-boosting supplements include:
- Vitamin B6, which your body needs for proper functioning
- Magnesium, which helps support nervous system activity
- Ashwagandha root, which may help to defend the body from stress and support circulation to the brain
- Gamma-aminobutyric acid or GABA, an amino acid that sends messages in the brain
- L-theanine, an amino acid believed to minimize stress
- Caffeine, a plant-derived substance that increases nervous system activity
- Cocoa bean extract, which contains theobromine, a substance that may help enhance blood flow to the brain
Complementing the Actions of Nootropic Supplements with a Positive Outlook
While brain booster supplements can help support mental function to give you a competitive edge in business, there's no magic pill for success. Taking a supplement only has the potential to help hack the way your brain works. Your business outlook will ultimately determine your success. Here are some things to keep in mind about your perspective:
- Failure will happen. No one who's ever become successful in business has skated through effortlessly. To achieve great things, you'll need to take risks, and not all of the moves you make will pay off. Accept the fact that failure is part of the business.
- Don't fight negative feelings. You won't love what you do every day, and when you suffer a setback, you're going to experience negativity. Many people believe that maintaining a positive outlook means ignoring or suppressing those feelings, but that's not true. Emotions don't just disappear. You need to release them by acknowledging them. Give yourself space to feel whatever you feel. Take the time you need to recover, and then tell yourself it's time to start again. Move forward with a positive outlook and get back to work.
- You can't do it all alone. Even if your business is a one-person show, you're not an island. You're going to need support to succeed. Find people you can talk to about your endeavors. Seek out mentors, business owners in other fields, and friends and family members to whom you can ask for advice and vent your frustrations. If you have employees, delegate some responsibilities to them. By taking some things off your plate, you can focus on the tasks that will significantly impact your success.